Underground Lab,Onsite and Mobile Laboratory
Set Point Laboratories have facilities in South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique , Gabon and expanding their footprint to the rest of Africa with services offered ranging from full testing laboratories to setting up and operating mine-site underground lab and mobile laboratory which require specific expertise and experience.Every customer is important to us regardless of their geographical location therefore if you cannot come to us, we will come to you.
Outsourcing mine-site laboratories, allows the client to focus on their core competencies while ensuring that the analytical data received is accurate and consistent. Set Point Laboratories ensures that all onsite laboratories established meet the client’s specific requirements and that these laboratories are managed and operated with the same levels of quality and efficiency as their commercial laboratories.
An underground laboratory is operated and managed successfully in Limpopo for a copper mine. This service enables us to:
• Closely monitor Ore to ensure output is maximised and sustained from the current operations to the envisaged mining level.
• Achieve a quicker turnaround time for sample analysis-this has been reduced from over a month to only 72 hours.
• Ensure that samples easily get to the lab as they are prepared 1200m underground
• Ensure that results are custom made
• Address customer queries immediately
• Have constant consultation between the onsite laboratory personnel and the client
• Cut costs on sample shipment
Set Point Laboratories complies with the mine’s SHEQ MS standards and is audited as part of the mine and it does the interpretation of the data for the client. 10% of the samples analysed onsite are checked by reanalysing for comparison. We also conduct Quality Assurance and Quality control training for the benefit of geologists, operators and samplers involved with the underground laboratory.
Contact us and we will be ON YOUR SITE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT.